Sunday, May 6, 2012

red pepper parmesan brussels sprouts

If I could go back in time and tell 7-year-old me that grown-up me would love brussels sprouts, I am fairly certain there would be much pointing and laughing from 7-year-old me. Burgeoning adulthood has brought with it a palate that not only tolerates but actually seeks out cruciferous vegetables.

bonjour, mon ami.
Roasting these lil baby cabbages really brings out their sweetness without any of the bitter flavors or that funky sulfur smell; adding onions and red peppers to the mix lends a sweet edge, too.

red pepper parmesan brussels sprouts
quartered brussels sprouts
sliced onions
sliced red bell peppers
salt & pepper
garlic powder (or whole peeled garlic cloves)
extra virgin olive oil
parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425. Toss first six ingredients and spread in single layer on baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan, add back to oven for three more minutes to melt cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment