Monday, May 21, 2012

b's mom's mac 'n' cheese

When a man says "my mom makes the best _____," it is cause to swing into full-blown Barney Stinson mode: "Challenge accepted."

So B's mom gave me her mac 'n' cheese recipe, and I did my best to not only do it justice but to also put my own spin on it with a sprinkling of panko bread crumbs, an extra layer of cheese and a shower of ground black pepper.

queso es la vida
b's mom's mac 'n' cheese
1 lb. whole grain pasta (used shells)
1.5 lb. cheddar (used wisconsin)
1 8 oz. carton fat-free half 'n' half
panko bread crumbs
pepper mill

Preheat oven to 375; boil pasta. Mix noodles with some half 'n' half and one pound of cheese. Sprinkle top with panko bread crumbs and cover with the rest of the cheese. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes; remove foil and bake 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment