Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lemon-broccoli linguine with red peppers and cherry tomatoes

I dare say, depriving oneself of meat is difficult. But depriving oneself of pasta is practically inhumane.

For much of last year I was almost entirely Paleolithic -- meaning lots of meat, nuts and veggies, a little bit of fruit, and zero starch. So the best part about this experiment, thus far, is bringing glorious, gluteny carbs back into my life. I'm sure I'll probably be eating my words five pounds from now...

hello, lover.
ingredients:
linguine
white wine
various herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, salt & pepper)
broccoli
red bell peppers
cherry tomatoes
lemon
garlic
onions
parmesan cheese

Sautee sliced onions, red peppers, garlic, tomatoes and broccoli while pasta is cooking. Deglaze pan with white wine, add juice of one lemon, season with herbs, salt and pepper (add crushed red pepper if you like it spicy). Drain pasta and toss with sauce and a shameless handful of parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment